Recipe: Miso Soy Salmon Sashimi
by SoPo Seafood's Jacqueline Clark - April 7, 2021
This Miso Soy Salmon Sashimi not only has big flavor, but is foolproof and ready in just under 15 minutes. This recipe can be served as a refreshing appetizer ahead of dinner, or over some sushi rice for a healthy lunch. The complexity of the Miso Soy Dressing is a great partner to the fattiness of the salmon.
Thinly sliced salmon, briny capers, lemon juice, and refreshing cucumbers topped with a delicious homemade Miso Soy Dressing create a lovely balance of bright, citrusy, and salty flavors.
The Atlantic Salmon used for this sashimi recipe can purchased online for delivery to your door here.
• Prep Time: 15 minutes
• Total Time: 15 minutes
• Serves: 2
Ingredients for the Miso Soy Dressing
• 2 TBSP olive foil
• 2 TBSP sesame oil
• 1 TBSP soy sauce
• 1 tsp white miso paste
• 1 TBSP lemon juice ½ tsp brown sugar
Ingredients for the Salmon Sashimi
• ½ lb fresh (sushi-grade) skinless salmon
• 1 TBSP capers
• 1 small red onion, finely sliced
• ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
• 1 tsp sesame seeds
• 1 tsp chives, finely chopped
• Flaky salt, for seasoning
• Black pepper, for seasoning
• Lemon wedges, for serving
If Making a Rice Bowl
• ½ cup sushi or brown rice, cooked according to package instructions
• Make the Miso Soy Sauce. Combine all of the ingredients for the Miso Soy Sauce into a small bowl. Whisk together well. Refrigerate.
• Slice the Salmon. Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon against the grain into very thin slices. Arrange the slices on a plate or bowl, overlapping them slightly.
• Craft your salmon masterpiece. Top the salmon with sliced red onions, sliced cucumber, chives, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with the Miso Soy Sauce. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Scatter the capers on top, and serve with lemon wedges. Serve immediately!
• For a Heartier Option. This salmon also tastes wonderful over some sushi or brown rice for a healthy lunch or light dinner. Tip: Double the dressing to drizzle over rice.