Recipe: Lobster Fettucine Alfredo
by SoPo Seafood's Jacqueline Clark - April 8, 2021
One of our favorite ways to repurpose some leftover butter poached lobster meat is to add it to a luscious bowl of creamy Fettucine Alfredo for an easy weeknight dinner. Note that our Alfredo sauce is the real deal, packed with real cream, butter, and cheese. Feel free to experiment with dairy-free alternative as you need! We love this recipe with a classic Fettucine noodle, but any other pasta shape will work beautifully. Issues with gluten? No worries! You can substitute a gluten free noodle to make this dish entirely gluten free.
A word on the lobster – you can prepare this delicious pasta dish with lobster a number of different ways. If using pre-cooked lobster meat that you purchased or previously prepared, you can roughly chop the meat, and add it to the Alfredo sauce once prepared – it’s that easy! If you are working with raw lobster, there are a couple of different ways to create this dish. You can butter poach your lobster using our easy-to-follow recipe. Or you can steam your own defrosted lobster tails using our technique below. The key thing to remember is that the lobster will be prepared separate from the Alfredo sauce and pasta, and will be combined at the very end.
• Prep Time: 5 minutes
• Cook Time: 15 minutes
• Total Time: 20 minutes
• Serves: 2-4 (depending on portion size)
Ingredients for the Lobster
If you are working with pre-cooked lobster meat, ensure that it is properly defrosted, and roughly chopped. You will not need to do anything further to the meat until the very end of the recipe.
If you are working with raw lobster tails, you will need:
• 1-2 raw, defrosted lobster tails (figure 1 lobster tail per diner)
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 cup of white wine
Ingredients for the Alfredo Sauce
• 4 TBSP unsalted butter
• 3 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
• 1 cup heavy cream (may substitute coconut cream or milk)
• ½ cup parmesan cheese
• ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
• 1 package fettucine
• Fresh cracked pepper, for topping
• Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
• If Using Raw Lobster. In a saute pan large enough to fit the lobster tails, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 cup of wine. Bring to a simmer, then place the lobster tail(s) in a pan, and cover with a lid, setting aside a bit so that it can vent. Steam for about 8 minutes, until the tail is cooked and the shell turns red/pink. Turn off the heat, and set aside.
• Boil the Pasta. When preparing a pasta dish, we always begin boiling the pasta while we prepare the sauce. That way, the pasta will be cooked by the time the sauce is complete. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil, add a little bit of sea salt to the water to flavor it, and add your fettucine—cooking according to the package instructions.
• Prepare the Alfredo Sauce. In a medium saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat, and add the garlic slivers once the butter is nearly all melted. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the garlic is browned. Next, add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and sea salt, and continue stirring the sauce with a whisk or rubber spatula until the cheese is fully incorporated. Leave on low heat.
• Ready the Lobster. If you are using some pre-cooked lobster, you will want to roughly chop the lobster into bite-size pieces. If you just cooked your own lobster tail using our steaming method, above, you will want to cut the shell of the cooled lobster tail, remove the meat, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
• Combine. Add the cooked pasta and lobster to your Alfredo sauce.
• Plate. Plate and garnish with black pepper and freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Buy Fresh Lobster Meat Online
This recipe was created using SoPo Seafood's Maine Lobster Meat. SoPo's lobster is available in 1 lb bags.