Recipe: Grilled Maine Lobster Tacos
by Melissa Reome @grillmomma and our partners at Seafood from Maine
Looking for a super delicious/fun way to prepare our Maine lobster tails? Give this Grilled Lobster Tail Taco recipe a try! The recipe calls for 4-6 oz lobster tails, which you can order for overnight delivery to your door here.
FOR THE VINEGAR SLAW
• 2⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 tsp celery seed
• 2⁄3 cup white sugar
• 1 cup water
• 1⁄2 small head green cabbage, shredded or cut thinly (approximately 8 cups)
FOR CILANTRO LIME CREMA
• 1⁄2 cup sour cream
• Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt plus more kosher salt to taste
• 4 tsp fresh lime juice
• Zest of 1 lime minced
• 1⁄2 tsp minced garlic
FOR LOBSTER TACOS
4 large Maine Lobster tails 4-6 oz (defrosted)
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
8 flour tortilla shells (small/street taco size)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 additional lime cut into wedges for serving
Pico de Gallo (store bought or made from scratch)
1. In a small saucepan, add water, sugar, celery seeds, and apple cider vinegar. Heat over medium heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour over cabbage in a large bowl.
2. Set aside or refrigerate once cooled until assembling tacos. (Note: Remove any excess liquid from slaw prior to putting on tacos. Cover and refrigerate until assembling tacos.)
3. In a blender, combine cilantro, mayo, sour cream, garlic, lime juice, and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Refrigerate until you are assembling tacos.
5. Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
6. Brush grill grates with oil to prevent sticking. Using kitchen shears, cut the lobster shells in half lengthwise.
7. Place a skewer through the meat to prevent it from curling during cooking.
8. Brush the lobster meat with melted butter and season the meat with salt and pepper.
9. Grill lobster tails meat side down for 5 minutes then flip over.
10. Brush meat again with butter and cook approximately 5 minutes or until opaque throughout. Cook to 140°f if you have a meat thermometer.
11. Remove the meat from the shells and cut into bite sized chunks or leave whole if desired.
12. Place tortillas on a hot grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side or until warmed and slight browning in spots.
13. Remove tortillas from the grill and warm them by keeping them in folded paper towels.
14. Add slaw to the bottom of the tortilla. Top with lobster meat, Pico de Gallo, and cilantro sauce. Enjoy!
Buy Maine Lobster Tails Online
You can recreate this recipe with our 4-5 oz Maine lobster tails. Our Lobster Tails can be ordered online for overnight delivery to you door.