Recipe: Miso Glazed Halibut Sandwich
by SoPo Seafood's Jacqueline Clark AKA The Briny Babe - June 28, 2022
Summertime grilling season is upon us! Sure, hotdogs and hamburgers are classics, but a delicious miso glazed halibut sandwich is an easy way to take your grilling game up a notch. Halibut is the perfect whitefish for this grilled fish sandwich—the meaty, firm texture of the halibut stands up against our spicy sriracha mayo and flaky brioche bun.
We love pairing this umami-rich miso glaze with some delicious Asian-inspired flavors, from a cilantro-heavy coleslaw, to a crunchy rice wine-pickled cucumber garnish. There are so many fun and inventive ways to make this recipe your own.
• Prep Time: 10 minutes
• Marinate Time: 1 hour
• Cook Time: 10 minutes
• Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
• Servings: 4
Miso Glazed Halibut Sandwich Recipe Video
• 1.25 lbs firm white fish (Atlantic Halibut), cut into 4 pieces
• 1/3 cup miso paste
• ¼ cup mirin
• 2 TBSP orange juice
• 1 TBSP soy sauce
For the Cucumber
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
• 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
• 1 small carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
• ¼ cup mg thinly sliced red cabbage
• 1 green onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup ml fresh coriander leaves
• 2-3 TBSP mayonnaise
• 4 large brioche rolls, halved, toasted
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1.5 TBSP sriracha sauce
• 1/2 TBSP lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, minced
1. The Miso Glaze: Combine the miso paste, mirin, orange juice, and soy sauce in a bowl. Add fish, and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Pickled Cucumbers: For the pickled cucumber, cut a Lebanese cucumber into ribbons. Lay the ribbons of cucumber on a large plate. Sprinkle with vinegar. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to develop. Drain.
3. The Slaw: For the slaw, combine the carrot, red cabbage, green onion, coriander leaves, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Glazing the Halibut: Drain the fish from the marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Discard marinade. Preheat a non-stick frying pan on medium. Cook the fish for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked through.
5. Sriracha Mayo: Mix the ingredients for the sriracha mayonnaise in a bowl. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
6. Toast your brioche rolls. Top with sriracha mayonnaise, slaw, fish, and pickled cucumbers.
Buy Fresh Caught Atlantic Halibut Online
This recipe was created using SoPo Seafood's fresh Atlantic Halibut Fillet. Our Halibut can be ordered online for overnight delivery or picked up in our South Portland Maine Fish Market.