Recipe: Maine Lobster Mac & Cheese
by SoPo Seafood's Fishmonger Matt Brown - April 5, 2021
Take your Mac and Cheese to the next level with this delicious recipe featuring sustainably caught Maine Lobster. Our co-founder and fishmonger, Matt Brown, cooked this recipe for his family of 4. It did not last long.
• Prep Time: 20 minutes
• Actual Cooking Time: 60-80 minutes
• 1 small onion (chopped)
• 1 stick butter (half cup, for roux)
• 1/2 stick butter (quarter cup, for cracker topping)
• 1/2 cup of flour
• 2 Lbs fresh tck lobster meat (roughly chopped)
• 1 lb medium shells ( cooked according to directions on box)
• 3 cups grated cheese (gruyere, gouda, cheddar)
• 2 cups seafood stock
• 3 cups milk
• 1 sleeve Ritz crackers (crushed)
• Melt a stick of butter in a large soup pot.
• Saute onions until soft.
• Whisk in flour, and cook your newly formed roux for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
• Slowly whisk in the seafood stock and milk, turn the heat up and keep stirring until this comes to a boil.
• Once it comes to a boil, pull it off the stove and stir in your cheese, cooked shells and lobster meat.
• Melt the 1/2 stick of butter and combine with the crushed Ritz crackers.
• Transfer lobster mac and cheese into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
• Top with Ritz cracker mixture, bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
Buy Fresh Maine Lobster Meat Online
This recipe was created using SoPo Seafood's fresh Maine Lobster Meat. SoPo's Lobster Meat is available in 1 lb + bags.