Seafood Processor (Full or Part-Time) APPLY NOW
SoPo Seafood is a locally owned and operated Maine Seafood Wholesaler and Fish Market based in Biddeford and South Portland, Maine. We source and supply high-quality local and sustainable fresh seafood for discerning seafood enthusiasts, at home-cooks, professional chefs, and restaurants in Maine and beyond.
We are opening a new Seafood Market and Raw Oyster Bar in South Portland in August 2021! We are looking for Seafood Processors and Fish Cutters for both or retail market in South Portland and our wholesale warehouse in Biddeford, Maine.
Candidates with experience working in a fish market or restaurant setting are preferred. If you are looking for a career change or to start a career in an exciting and fast-paced industry, we might be a great fit for you.
We are a small growing business with lots of opportunities for career growth.
There are both full and part-time positions available.
Current work schedule: Monday to Saturday - 8:30 AM to 5 PM. Hours vary depending on business needs. Seasonal overtime will be available.
- Portioning and weighing seafood, including fresh fish and shellfish.
- Accurate labeling and record-keeping.
- Maintain clean work-place.
- Ability to cut whole fish (can be learned on the job).
- Other job responsibilities may include inventory management, order fulfillment, and packing.
- Work experience in the seafood industry or in meat processing is preferred (but not required).
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to cut fish (or willingness to learn)
- Flexibility to work various shifts