Food Prep/Cook (Full or Part-Time) APPLY NOW
SoPo Seafood is a locally owned and operated Maine Seafood Wholesaler and Fish Market based in Biddeford and South Portland, Maine. We source and supply high-quality local and sustainable fresh seafood for discerning seafood enthusiasts, at home-cooks, professional chefs, and restaurants in Maine and beyond.
We are opening a new Seafood Market and Raw Oyster Bar in South Portland in August 2021! We are looking for a motivated Food Prep/Cook to support our small menu. The goal of the menu is to showcase the stunning seafood the Maine Coast has to offer. This is a great opportunity to learn about the local seafood industry.
Commercial Kitchen experience required.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc. Provide customer feedback to the Store Manager
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- A team player with good communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset